Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It All Happens So Quickly

We all know this day is coming, but are we ever really ready? I'm talking about Kindergarten! We have been mulling over the big kindergarten decision for months....where do we send Hannah for school next year? After much, much prayer and indecision I think we have finally made a call. Last week, David and I toured Clarksville Christian School as an option for Hannah...and ultimately Sadie! We were really pleased with what we saw at the school and decided to go for it! After turning in her application packet, we scheduled her for the Brigance test (spelling?) for kindergarten readiness. In the public school system, this test is done during the first two weeks of the school year, but with private school, they do the test ahead of time so that the children can start the school year with the other grades. I took Hannah for her test yesterday afternoon...I guess my test anxiety from my school years has followed me into parenthood. I was more nervous for her than she even knew to be. Of course, she did fine on the test and we now officially know that she is ready for kindergarten! It's very exciting, but also very nerve-racking to think about my baby girl going off to big school....good think I have a couple months to mentally prepare! 

As if that's not enough drama for the week, Hannah also had her Pre-K graduation this past Friday evening. I was prepared to ball my eyes out during the whole thing, but I was so entertained by all of the cuteness that I didn't even think to cry! There are two Pre-K classes at her school and each class had prepared a song to perform during the ceremony...naturally, Hannah's class did better than the other! Ha! Just joking, they both did excellent! The children also sang the national anthem, said the pledge of allegiance, and sang a version of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" in English and Spanish!! They were so sweet! Hannah got flowers from us and from David's parents and was so excited about them. Following the ceremony was the most important part in Hannah's eyes...punch and cookies!! After everything, we all went to Chick-fil-a for dinner and Hannah got to play! The evening was topped off for her by having her Nanny and Poppy stay the night. She loves when they come to visit!! 
Hannah in her cap! Isn't she cute!!

Hannah's favorite teach, Ms. Kayla! Hannah got her flowers for being such a great teacher!!

1 comment:

  1. These are going to be the most exciting times for you. I was petrified for Noah on his first day of kindergarten, but it is such a joy to watch them grown and become little social, learning children. It's one of my favorite things to watch Noah interact in his school environment. Good luck and I can't wait to read more about her adventures!

    ReplyDelete