Saturday, May 29, 2010

With this ring...

David and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary this coming Monday! Who would've guessed that almost 12 years ago when we met during our freshman year of college that we would end up together? Well, other than God! It's actually a funny story of how we met...you should ask David sometime...oh wait, that's right, he doesn't remember the first time we met! HA! We have varying stories...mine is that we met one afternoon in early fall semester of our freshman year at APSU....his is that we met in Leadership 101 in  the spring semester of our freshman year. He claims that there is no way that we met before that because he would've remembered me...he also claims that he had a "thing" for me since the day he saw me...maybe he had temporary lapse of vision the first time we met! Either way, we went on to become really good friends...best of friends I would say for a couple of years before he finally worked up the courage to ask me out. He actually left an elementary style note with yes or no checkboxes on my car when he asked me out...funny, I don't think I ever checked a box! Guess it worked out in his favor though! I think I had fallen for him long before I knew, so once we started dating, I knew he was the one! He proposed after we had been dating for about a year and I was in my fall semester of pharmacy school. He came to visit one weekend and had a large box for me to unpack since he couldn't be there when I moved in...at the bottom of the box was the ring! It was really sweet! We got hitched a couple of years later after my second year of pharmacy school and the rest is history!

I never could've imagined the awesomeness that God had in store for us when we said "I do!" I am so thankful that we have such an amazing and wonderful God that created us for each other. There are so many little twists and turns in our lives that would've led us in different directions in life, but He placed each of us in the path that led to each other. Our marriage has been amazing so far...we have two beautiful daughters that have only made our bond stronger. I am so thankful and blessed to have such an amazing husband that gets me! He's seen all my quirks...trust me, there are gazillions....and he loves me just the same! Thank you, Lord, for this awesome man you made just for me!! Happy anniversary hon! Love you!! (I don't even think David reads my blog, so if you see him, tell him I love him...ha!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment