Friday, April 23, 2010

Thanks!

I have been so overwhelmed by all of the sweet words of encouragement I have received over the past week. Like the silly-head I truly am, I completely forgot that I linked my blog to publish to my Facebook profile. I posted my "Platelet update" last Thursday evening, but it didn't immediately post to Facebook. Imagine my shock on Sunday when I started receiving all of the sweet messages and comments! Like I mentioned before, I am a very private kind of person and I do not share my own struggles very easily. I'll listen to anyone else tell me about their problems all day...good thing since that's what I do for a living! Ha! I just don't like the vulnerability of telling others about my struggles. I'm sure you're thinking...why blog about it then? Well, honestly, I thought I had maybe 4 people reading my blog, so it wasn't a big deal. Plus, I never really knew who was reading my thoughts, so it made it a little easier! I think God is calling me out on my pride on this one...it is so hard for me to let others know that I am hurting or struggling...I guess that's because I feel so open to more hurt when I do that. Don't ask...I got issues, but, then again, don't we all!! I have been praying for a while now for the Lord to help me with my struggle with pride...boy did He respond in a way I could've never predicted. I have truly laid out my fears and worries for the world to see! Have I gained any additional hurt from that? Nope, not one bit...just lots more love than I could've ever imagined! So, thanks again for that!

Just in case you were wondering, the actual date and time for the bone marrow biopsy is this coming Wednesday, April 28 at 12:45. Please keep those prayers coming...they seem to be working! I do get stressed about it at times, but, for the most part, I try not to think about it. I did try to Google more info on the procedure written from a patient's perspective...it didn't ease my concerns at all! If you find a blog that talks about a bone marrow biopsy being pain-free, please forward it along!! As my doctor told me, maybe I will be the person to write that blog! I guess we'll find out in a few days....yikes, I just said a few days! I'm hoping I can take my iPod in the room with me and listen to that during the procedure...I can't think of a better song to listen to than Chris Tomlin's "Our God is Greater"...if you haven't heard it, look it up! It's a good one and a wonderful reminder that we truly can overcome anything with Christ by our side!  Regardless of what we face, our God is so infinitely awesome and comforting...there is nothing we could do to make him love us more or less! What an unfathomable love He has for us...if you're reading this and you don't know God in that way, please talk with someone! I may not have all of the answers to your questions, but I can point you in the direction of someone that has more a of clue than me!

I pray that this post finds you all doing well...I really do appreciate the prayers and support from you all! I thank God for you all and I pray that reading my thoughts has somehow encouraged you as well! Trust me on this one, even on my worst day, I am not discouraged! As I sit here writing this, I am waiting for some pretty nasty weather to come our way...it's not a fun wait and I'm not excited about it all, but, you know what does excite me about it? The joy and appreciation I will have the for calm and beauty after the storm has passed! So, if this is a storm in my life, then I can't wait to see the joy that's coming after it's gone!! OK, enough with my sappy, mushy-gushy talk for now! Again, I thank you all so much for your love and support!! Have a great night...or day if that's when you're reading this!! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Wendy,
    I love reading your blog so far. I love blogging and it turns out to be quite the outlet. God is amazing, you are in good hands! I hope you do write that blog about a painless procedure :) Will be thinking of you on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete